The Deal Society, the Addelam History Research Group, Deal Town Council and Walmer Parish Council are again working together to encourage local venues to participate in Heritage Open Days. Last year we succeeded in getting 18 events, with a record attendance. The 2017 open days are the 7-10 September, but we are focussing on the Saturday and Sunday.
We are now asking Deal and Walmer residents if they have any aspect of their property that is architecturally interesting or historical that they would not mind showing for a couple of hours over that weekend.
The Heritage Open Days team can provide a lot of support including promotional materials, free public liability insurance and inclusion on their national website. We plan to provide lots of support to local venues by:
- Having information on this website with supporting social media
- Promoting the event locally
- Producing a leaflet to encourage visitors to explore all of the venues in the town
- Co-ordinating local venues to share ideas
- Doing the administration of registering
- Help in preparing historical material about your venue.
Although September seems a long way away, we want to finalise our list of venues by the end of May in order to get as much publicity as we can. If you would like more information please contact email@example.com.